After a two of decadent vacations in NYC and Montreal, fiancé and I both felt we needed to give our digestive systems a break.
So we had our fill of black-and-white cookies, donuts, ice cream, poutine, Burgers and fries after midnight, donairs, chips, milkshakes, the odd salad here and there, bottles of wine in the park and desserts galore.
But after it was all said and done, summer officially wrapped up, the leaves started turning yellow, we both decided on a three day juice cleanse each.
Perfect way to start the fall season!
I decided to try the three day juice cleanse at Freshii, because I’m Canadian, and there was a convenient location on the way to work.
Here are some things that I had going for me before the juice cleanse that I recommend:
1. I had a partner to do it with. This helps with morale, motivation and understanding for both of you! It’s a great advantage.
2. I did some research about different juice cleanses in my area.
3. I researched what others had gone through on their cleanses.
So I called the Freshii located on the way to work the day before I wanted to pick up my juices. So exciting!
This cleanse is comprised of four juices, which you drink about 2 to 3 hours apart, water in between and then finally a metaboost salad.
- I drank my juice is in the order that I was supposed to. She had each juice numbered. I didn’t like any of the juices so I drink them quickly, rinsed out the glass with filtered water, drink that quickly and just kept peeing the whole day!
- After my third juice my head started throbbing, I was getting irritated, hungry, a little slow, and experienced a foggy brain.
- I drank as much water as I could, went shopping with a supportive girlfriend, and ate my first metaboost salad while she ordered a delicious beef udon soup from the food court!
- She felt bad, but I told her not to! I knew what I was getting into, and I agreed to do this!
- I really enjoyed the salad. It had field greens, kale, edamame, mango, goat cheese, almonds, carrots and a balsamic vinegrette.
- I went to sleep fully hydrated but kind of hungry, wondering what I had gotten myself into.
- I didn’t wake up feeling hungry. That was odd I thought. I sipped some water and waited a little longer to drink my first juice.
- I was peeing more today. A lot. Like every two hours for sure. Maybe every hour and a half.
- I continue to supplement my juices with a cool filtered water immediately after.
- And then the miracle happens. My eyes become clear. I feel happy. There is extra energy in my step. The words come easy. No more brain fog. No more headaches.
- The juices are tasting better now. Not like day one, where they were gross.
- I eat the salad that evening with vigor. I love it.
- I was very impressed with the way my waist looked and felt this morning!
- I’m dreaming about what I’m going to eat tomorrow. I’m imagining vegetables in a clear broth with rice noodles.
- For the third night in a row, I’ve had very vivid dreams, complex storylines, a lot of color, vibrancy, and I wake up feeling refreshed. My dreams are interesting movies that I even remember after I wake up!
- At night I dream about cheating. I dream about eating real food. But instead, I drink water.
Final conclusions and realizations:
- Again? Yes, I would do this again. My body felt lighter, clean, better than before.
- Vivid dreams? First, two days after, explained that one of the symptoms of a juice cleanse is a detoxification of the penial gland, deep inside the brain. This results in vivid clear dreams.
- Weight loss? I lost five pounds, and so did my fiancée, on a different juice cleanse. But I don’t expect to keep that weight loss. What I loved though: I kept two pounds off a week later.
- Cost? Was it worth it? This juice cleanse cost $80 for three days. Totally worth it. Convenient. Simple. Worked for me.
Feel free to ask questions you guys!!