With less than 8% fat, about 22g of protein in a serving of 100g, for my macros, turkey muffins were a perfect lunch idea.
When I made them yesterday I can’t begin to tell you how amazing the aroma was steaming out of the oven. I ate this over spinach and with roasted sweet potato.
500g (1 package) extra lean ground turkey
1 red bell pepper chopped into tiny squares
1/2 red onion also chopped into tiny squares
2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce for chicken
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Maille Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° before preparation
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Drop turkey mixture into silicone molds
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven off and let muffins set for an additional 20 minutes in warm oven.
- Serve with steamed vegetables, spinach, sweet potato or rice.
I will definitely be making these many more times again this year! How do you cook with ground turkey or chicken?