I love stuffed mushrooms. Mushrooms hold stuffing really well and to be honest I love stuffed fish, stuffed cabbage, stuffed pastry, the list goes on and on. I like something delicious inside something already delicious! Anyways I’ll stop the ramble before this gets off-topic. Back to my stuffed Portobello mushrooms.
This recipe makes two stuffed mushrooms. For a dinner of two you can serve this as the main course along with a side of salad, pasta or potatoes.
2 portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed
1 teaspoon olive oil
For the stuffing:
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan Reggiano
Half teaspoon hemp heart seeds
Half a small red onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon fresh salsa
Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry onion with salt and oil for five to 8 minutes until lightly browned.
- In a bowl combine yogurt, Parmesan, hemp seeds, salsa and cooked onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill portobello mushroom caps. Place a tiny bit of olive oil under each mushroom cap before placing on cookie sheet or foil.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.
They were delicious. And very filling. Check out this link for some nutritional facts for portobello mushrooms:
Do you like mushrooms? Have you ever made stuffed mushrooms? How do you make them?