There was another work potluck! This time, it was breakfast. And short notice. And I’m still in vegetarian week for the most part.
So I did some research and made my own recipe for individual vegetarian quiche with real russet potato hashbrown crust.
You will need a 12 cup muffin or cupcake tin. Here’s the recipe, it turned out great:
Four russet potatoes
Butter for greasing pan
One small tomato, chopped
One green spring onion, chopped
Four button mushrooms, chopped finely
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoon garlic herb seasoning
Ground fresh pepper
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash and Pierce potatoes with work. Microwave on high for one minute. Turn potatoes. Microwave on high for one more minute. Remove and wash with cold water.
- Peel potatoes and grate with large setting.
- Season potatoes with half dried oregano, half garlic and herb seasoning.
- Press potato mixture into greased muffin pan all the way up to the edges. Bake in 375° oven for ten minutes to crisp up.
- Mix eggs, vegetables and remaining seasonings.
- Fill hashbrown crust with egg mixture and bake for 15 more minutes.