Post workout today was a vegan potato veggie bowl. Did you know that there are plant based foods with just as much protein, less carcinogens and more antioxidants than meat?
The main ingredients in this lunch bowl are russet potatoes, red bell pepper and broccoli. Here are some nutrition facts before going through this super easy uber healthy lunch:
Some interesting information on the health benefits of raw vs. cooked broccoli:
4 small russet potatoes
1 small stalk broccoli
1 red bell pepper
1 green spring onion
1 tbsp Braggs amino acids
1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
- Flash boil broccoli and red bell pepper for five minutes. Chop.
- Roughly peel potatoes. Dice.
- Boil potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Drain and add chopped bell pepper and broccoli.
- Add seasonings, chopped green spring onion and stir.
- Heat, covered, on low heat for five minutes to steam and combine flavors.
It was good. It was satisfying, filling, I felt great after eating it and I was happy it was totally vegan. Perfect post workout fuel!
What do you think about getting your protein from plant based foods? Would you? Do you? Have you?